Students will compulsorily wear the school uniform whenever they come to school for any purpose- open days, practice sessions, remedial sessions etc. unless specified otherwise.
Boys: Half sleeved self embossed red shirt, black tie, black and white striped shorts (CP-I to Checkpoint II), Dark blue trousers with black belt (Checkpoint III to IGCSE II), PE uniforms as per house colour, Black hooded jacket for the winter (available with uniform vendors), White round necked half sleeved T-shirt should be worn with Martial Arts uniform.
Girls: Half sleeved self embossed red shirt, black tie, black and white striped skirt (1 inch above knee) ,cotton tights, black full length cotton leggings (if worn), PE uniforms as per house colour, Black hooded jacket for the winter (available with uniform vendors), White round necked, half sleeved T-shirt should be worn with Martial Arts uniform.
Shoes For Boys & Girls
- June till September: Plain Black sandals. No coloured sandals / crocs will be permitted.
- From October onwards: Black shoes with double Velcro.
- PE Shoes: White double Velcro shoes with stripes of house colour White socks with red stripes.
- Low waist trousers are strictly not permitted.
- Boys must tuck their shirts neatly into their trousers. Use of vest is a must.
- Wearing the school tie is compulsory.
- Boys must keep their hair short (Â½ an inch above the collar). Fancy haircuts and spikes are strictly not permitted.
- Dyeing/colouring/bleaching of hair and tattoos are strictly not permitted.
- Girls must wear their skirts at the waist.
- Girls should wear a white cotton slip.
- Wearing the school tie is compulsory.
- Girls must plait long hair (below shoulder level) and tie one/two ponytails ( above shoulder level).
- Girls must keep their hair off the face secured by white hair bands and clips.
- Long earrings, bangles and chains are strictly not permitted.
- Girls with mehendi will not be allowed into school, unless prior permission has been obtained from the Principal.
- Nail paint is strictly not allowed.
- Cosmetic coloured lenses are not permitted.
- Dyeing/colouring/bleaching of hair and tattoos are strictly not permitted. If a student defaults for the first time , it will be marked in the Almanac, the second time, detention till 3.30 pm and the third time, the student will be sent back home. In case of detention or being sent home, the parent will have to make arrangements to have him/her picked up from school.
- PE uniform should be worn only on PE days.
- Shoes must be clean on all days.
- Nails should be clean and regularly pared.
- Till the end of month of September children must only carry raincoats to school and wear monsoon footwear. Umbrellas are strictly not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to carry any electronic and other communication devices including Mobile Phones, iPods, Head Phones etc to school.
- School will not be responsible for the loss of expensive articles brought to the campus by students.
- Birthday celebrations will be restricted to biscuits, cookies and chocolates not exceeding Rs 25 per piece. Students will carry the goodies with them and no parent will be allowed to school later in the day with the same. No cakes and gifts will be allowed.
- Wrist watches can be worn by students from Checkpoint-I onwards. No florescent flashy dials/straps and no digital watches with alarms and calculators will be allowed.
- Student will be suspended for 3 days for habitual non compliance to rules and disruption of class proceedings.
- Regularity and punctuality in attendance of the student are prerequisite for his /her continued association with the School.
- Late arrivals in the class and early departures from the class will not be permitted except in case of an emergency. In both instances, either of the parents should escort the child.
- Attendance on the opening day after vacation is mandatory.
- Every student must be in school five minutes before the first bell. The first bell will go at 8.00 a.m.
- If a student reports late for the first time, it will be marked as late attendance, the second time, detention till 3.30 pm and the third time, the student will be sent back home. In case of detention or being sent home, the parent will have to make arrangements to have him/her picked up from school. No student will be allowed to attend school if he/she reports later than 8.15am even at the first instance.
Leave Of Absence
- No pupil should be absent without prior permission. Application for leave should be submitted at least one day in advance, except in an emergency.
- Attendance till the last day of a term is compulsory. Request for permission to leave before that date or to extend the holiday after the commencement of a new term will be entertained only in cases of emergency.
- Unauthorized absence from the school for a month or more renders the student's name to be struck off the roll. Prior permission must be sought.
- A student reporting to school after availing leave of absence will be allowed to attend school only if he/she carries a leave note duly signed by the parent.
- Leave notes for absence of more than 3 days or medical leave ( with medical certificate attached) should bear the Name, Grade, Division, Roll No. of the student on a foolscap sheet and addressed to the Principal.
- Attendance on all the important days like Annual Day, Sports Day and any other day specified by the school is mandatory.
- If a student is selected for Independence Day /Republic Day celebrations, he/she must compulsorily attend school on that day. Absence on National Days will call for strict disciplinary action.
Those who avail of the school transport are expected to bear in mind the following points.
- All complaints should be sent in writing/email to Asst. General Manager Ms Savita Shetty on the Ground Floor Office. Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org Parents/guardians are expected not to enter into any argument with the bus driver or attendant.
- No letters/applications/cash /cheques should be sent to school through the driver/ attendant of the bus.
- Once the transport facility has been extended to the student, the entire year's transport charge will necessarily have to be paid, even if the student discontinues the use of school transport at any time during the course of the academic year.
- The school bus will pick up the child and drop him/her at fixed points only.
- No student will use the school bus if such facility has not been granted by the school.
- No student shall deface or damage the bus in any way. Any damage done to the bus will have to be made good by the parents/guardians of the defaulter. In addition, the bus facility will be immediately withdrawn for the erring student.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves with discipline and decorum while on their way to and from school.
- Students are required to wear an Identity Card on them all the time. Fresh Identity Cards will be issued for each academic year and will be valid for the year only. Loss of Identity cards must be reported immediately through a written application. A Fresh Identity card will be issued at an extra cost.
- Students must submit a passport size photograph in school uniform within the first week of school.
Health, Sickness & Accidents
The health and safety of our students is a matter of concern to the school and hence we have strict policies regarding the same. Children are prone to acquiring infectious ailments and parents need to exercise extreme caution at the first signs of rash, fever or any other unusual symptoms.
- All pupils are advised to be protected against Cholera, Typhoid, Tetanus and Hepatitis. Children below the age of 10 years should also be protected against Whooping Cough, Diphtheria and Polio.
- Students who are convalescing after an infectious disease or are exposed to any infectious disease will be allowed to attend school only after permission is obtained from a doctor. The school reserves the right to confirm the fitness from a medical practitioner.
- In case of chicken pox, the child has to compulsorily stay home for two weeks.
- In case of accidents or emergencies during School hours, casualties will be taken to the nearest convenient hospital and the parents will be informed as soon as possible.
- In case of prolonged illness of a student, the parent/guardian must send a written intimation and inform the School. A medical certificate should be enclosed along with the letter.
- In the interest of the other students, the school reserves the right to deny permission to attend the school in case a child has not fully recovered.
When necessary a pupil will be asked to consult a Counsellor/Clinical When necessary a pupil will be asked to consult a Counsellor/Clinical Psychologist or a Special Educator. The Counsellor/Clinical Psychologist/ Special Educator will closely co-operate with the parent and staff in order to help the child improve.
The school library is a temple of learning and is accessible to all students. Students are expected to maintain discipline and silence and revere the books and resource material. The rules of the library need to be strictly observed at all times.
- Only one book at a time will be issued on appointed days.
- No student should keep the library book with him/ her for more than 14 days.
- Students shall handle the books carefully. Damaged or lost book shall have to be replaced by the student.
- Before the book is returned to the Library, the necessary entry must be made in the Almanac on the page reserved for the same.
- Students shall return the Library Books 15 days before each of the Examinations (First Term and Final Exams). Those who do not return them will not be allowed to appear for the Examination.
- Library will remain open for students and parents on Saturdays from 9.00 am to 12 noon.
Internet / Multimedia
The school provides digital education and has equipped each classroom with it. This is rapidly transforming the way teachers teach and students learn; with innovative and meaningful use of technology. The audiovisual method makes learning more interactive. Students are advised to use the internet very carefully keeping in mind that cyber crime is a punishable offence.
Students are expected to participate whole heartedly in co-curricular activities and maintain utmost discipline.
Students are expected to actively participate in outdoor activities with sportsman spirit and obey the instructions of the Sports Teacher. During school hours, no student is permitted to go to the playground unless accompanied by a teacher.
Field Trips And Excursions
Students are encouraged to join excursions and field trips arranged for them by the school and treat these as a part of their learning.
Project Work Policy
Projects help the students to explore research and enhance creativity. Students are expected to do the projects on their own and submit them on time. Rubrics for each project will be given by the teacher.
To foster the spirit of camaraderie and instill a sense of belonging among the students, the school has installed four houses.
Summer - Yellow House
Autumn - Red House
Winter - Blue House
Spring - Green House
Each student is allotted a particular house at the beginning of the academic year. The school organizes a number of inter house competitions and encourages competitive spirit among the students. A member of staff assisted by several other educators acts as House in Charge for the activities.